About Me

My photo
Hull is the city of my birth, but I have lived in the Beverley area for the past 20 years. I have a family in Hull and a family in Australia. Travelling to shores, both near and far, is often on my agenda. What keeps me young at heart? My grandchildren and my zest for life.

Tuesday 11 February 2014

A Memorial Plaque on the site of the old Savoy Cinema

The extract, below, is taken from a scene of my novel, A TIME FOR PEACE. My late husband, when a young boy, witnessed the attack. He told me the story many years ago and I have never forgotten it. My story of fiction is based on facts, and is seen through the eyes of a young woman, Rose.

The Memorial Plaque is on the site of the old Savoy Cinema, now W. Boyes, and it commemorates the people of Hull who were killed and injured in that attack by the Luftwaffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment