About Me

My photo
Hull is the city of my birth, but I have lived in the Beverley area for the past 20 years. I have a family in Hull and a family in Australia. Travelling to shores, both near and far, is often on my agenda. What keeps me young at heart? My grandchildren and my zest for life.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Alpine Region of Victoria, Australia



I toured the spectacular Alpine Region of Victoria, Australia. It was December, summertime and yet on the highest mountains, the temperature was only 8c. The trees and bushes all leaned one way and were leafless, the result of fires which had once raged the mountains. Over time,with the extreme cold and heat, the barks and the branches of the trees were bleached to the palest of white so that when the sun shone on the them, the mountains shimmered and were bathed in a silver glow. It was one of the most magical highlights of my tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment